Google

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Madjid gives as good as he gets

New Charlton signing Madjid Bougherra says he was hurt by allegations by gobby Sheffield Wednesday boss Brian Laws that he had threatened not to play for the club if he wasn't allowed to move in the transfer window.

'I was disappointed to hear Brian Laws saying I'd feigned injury to guarantee a move,' said the Alegrian. 'I was injured in the game with Derby [on January 13th] and that kept me out for these last two weeks. I was injured in the first ten minutes but completed the game [which may help to explain subsequent problems]. There was a clause in my contract aboy me being able to talk to Premiership teams and I decided I wanted to.'

The Owls made a lot of noise about how Charlton conducted the negotiations, which took in one or two of the Addickted, but any fault seems to lie with them rather than Richard Murray. Remember that this was the team whose supporters took such delight in our first Premiership relegation.

Now we hope that Madjid will be able to weave his magic for us before very long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home