Google

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Am I suffering from irrational exuberance?

My doctor was pressing me this morning on how I feel about Charlton's current prospects. I said that I felt happy about the way things were going so far. Is this irrational exuberance? After all, we only have 3 points and are 16th; we face a tough test on Saturday against an improved Portsmouth side; and our defence has been shot to pieces by injuries and a suspension. Dick Sheppard's comparative tables show one of our worst starts ever.

However, in general, I am happy with the way that Iain Dowie and his team are handling things, particularly the more positive, attacking style he has brought with him. We also had a tough start with games against Chelsea and Manchester United.

My doctor is a Manchester City fan and had a tale of woe. No strike power up front; the board need sorting out; Pearce was losing the plot; and they could do with Curbs as a replacement. And they're 11th, even if they did lose to Reading. I guess it's all a matter of expectations. Anyway, he put me on a second lot of pills.

4 Comments:

Blogger nelson said...

Wyn, Who is Dick Sheppard?

5:18 PM  
Blogger Wyn Grant said...

That is almost a metaphysical question. However, the specific answer is that each week he charts Charlton's progress compared with previous years in a posting to the mailing list run by Glynne Jones.

6:52 PM  
Blogger ChicagoAddick said...

Do you feel better now?

7:14 PM  
Blogger Hilltothevalley said...

Dick Sheppard is the Addicts equivalent to Star wars Yoda, short, gnarled and ancient.. he is a mystical being of great knowledge, although little wisdom and often after a match is green. Like Yoda he has his own special places to hang out, usually in the corner of the Rose of Denmark under the pictures of the Members of the Opposition.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home