Google

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Curbs backs Addicks to beat Irons

Interviewed on Radio 5 this morning, Alan Curbishley forecast that the Addicks would beat the Irons at Upton Park today. He recalled that West Ham had beat Charlton only once there in the Premiership, the 5-0 Boxing Day tonking, but in fact they also lost 2-0 the following season. However, our record at the Boleyn Ground is better than in most Premiership away fixtures with two wins, two losses and a deaw.

Asked if he was still following events at Charlton, Curbs said, 'Obviously I have. I want them to do well.' It had been a strange month as if had been the first time he had not been involved in a pre-season build up for thirty-two years. 'I've enjoyed the break. It was the right decision for me and the club.'

Asked about the England job, Curbs recalled, 'After the first interview I thought I was in with a chance, but after the second I didn't think I was in the frame.' The media attention had distracted attention from his job at Charlton manager so that all press conferences were focused on the England job.

Asked if he would be involved sooner or later, Curbs said that he was soon leaving for a month's holiday in New Zealand to see his sister. He had decided he wanted a five to six months break and he wasn't going to let it be three months. Once September was out of the way and he was back, he would see if anybody wanted him.

Erith Addick Paul May will be providing coverage of today's match and is forecasting a 2-2 draw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home