Google

Thursday, February 02, 2006

How to speak Spurphy

This appeared on the Charlton list but deserves a wider audience:

Murphism - When Tottenham came in this time I don't mind admitting I was
the first one to express to Charlton and the manager that I wanted to go.

English - This'll teach him to drop me.

Murphism - No disrespect to Charlton, but they are not Tottenham, in terms
of the squad they have got, the fan base and in terms of the potential

English - Yes I know I'll be sitting on the bench, but have you seen what
they're paying me and I don't have to do all this tackling b*ll*cks.

Murphism - Everything was right this time and it is an opportunity for me
which, if I had not taken it, I would have regretted for the rest of my career.

English - When I left Liverpool, Spurs were going nowhere, finished below
Charlton and so as far as my CV goes it would have looked much to shabby.

Murphism - Tottenham have great ambitions to win trophies and fight for the
Champions League spots. That is the level of football I want to play again.

English - Yeah OK, it ain't going to happen, but as they're fourth at the
moment It sounds good, so I'll just have stuck it out here for another 6
months, till I can join me mate Robbie.

Murphism - Charlton obviously let the move happen so you can read into it
what you want.

English - It would have cost them a million to keep me sulking in the reserves.

Murphism - If anything, they have given me the chance to better myself which
I suppose, in a way, is good of them, because they did not have to do that.

English - Yey for player power, poor saps!

Murphism - The majority of the time we got on fine, and it was only in recent
weeks that we didn?t communicate as well as maybe we should have.

English - I stopped talking to that jumped up southern tw@ after he had the
gall to drop me. Who does he think he is Bob Paisley?

Classic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home