Google

Friday, June 08, 2007

Sankofa stays

Charlton defender Osei Sankofa has celebrated his most successful season to date with a brand new contract. The 22-year-old right-back-cum-centre-half made 12 Premiership appearances for the Addicks during 2006/07.

The former England youth international has consolidated his breakthrough campaign by signing a new deal that will keep him at The Valley until 2008. When he first came in to replace the injured Luke Young, I thought that the gap in quality was very large. However, he improved a lot during the campaign, although the harsh sending off at the Emirates must have been a blow.

'I'm very pleased to sign for another year,' said Sankofa, who made his Addicks debut in 2003 at Old Trafford. 'I think I proved last season that I can do a job for this club and hopefully, after making 12 appearances in the Premiership, I will have a prominent involvement in the Championship.' Very likely, given an anticipated Luke Young departure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home