Google

Monday, May 28, 2007

Charlie says goodbye to Ebbsfleet

Former Charlton striker Charlie MacDonald, who once scored against Newcastle at The Valley, reflects on his time at Gravesend and Northfleet (now re-branded as Ebbsfleet) in the Non-League Paper.

Now 26, he writes, 'I'll be moving to a League club this summer. I won't reveal which clubs are in for me, but there is interest at both League One and League Two level.' [Leyton Orient is one club that has been mentioned]

'I was a little disappointed to spend the amount of time that I did in Non-League football. It was frustrating I wasn't getting the interest before but better late than never.'

'I'm not sure the system we played [at Gravesend and Northfleet] was the best for me personally. I'm not at my most effective when running the channels and am better holding the ball up and linking play.'

I remember Charlie talking disconsolately about his future outside Craven Cottage after a game at Fulham as his time at Charlton came to an end. I am sure he can meet the standards of the lower levels of the Football League and I am pleased that at last things seem to be coming together for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home