Google

Friday, May 25, 2007

Herminator signs for Pompey

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp has signed defender Hermann Hreidarsson on a free transfer from Charlton. Hreidarsson had a clause in his Charlton contract allowing him to leave for free if they were relegated and he has signed a two-year deal with Pompey.

'I've always had a lot of respect for Harry," Hreidarsson told BBC Sport. 'I nearly joined him four years ago at Pompey before I signed for Charlton. It was a tough call not to go then and I'm delighted to have a second chance.' The Herminator admitted that he would not have a guaranteed first team place.

Paul May comments: I'm not that devastated because I reckon we have had the best out of him. He was too inclined in the recent past to pick arguments with other players or the officials if things didn't go his way. And although he was positioning himself in the box for set pieces, his headers usually missed the target.
Ben Thatcher can do the job and, who knows, one day Cory Gibbs may be fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home