Google

Monday, June 13, 2005

Stead chooses 'massive' club

Striker Jon Stead has chosen Sunderland over Charlton in a £1.8m deal with his former club Blackburn. He said, 'I had a choice between Sunderland and Charlton, I spoke to both parties and had a look around. It was just the feeling I got when I came here, when I saw the training ground and stadium, and especially after speaking to the manager.' Stead described the yo-yo Black Cats as 'a massive club.'

Most of the Addickted will not be too disappointed as they did not seem to be too impressed by Stead. As one wag said, 'Why would Curbs want a striker that can't score? We've got enough of those already?' A midfielder who can win the ball and hold it up and a central defender are higher priorities. Richard Murray will have to redouble his efforts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home