Google

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Back home

Back home after a few days away to see that the Darren Bent saga is continuing and that we have signed the French Under-21 captain which sounds like good business. As a right back, he will provide cover for that slot when Luke Young eventually goes. Will Sankofa be first choice in the slot?

It's been a busy few days. I had to stay in London Tuesday night as I had a 8 a.m. meeting at No.11 Downing Street. The only thing I will say is that they must have the same caterers as Buck House as I was offered a thin 'shoulder' of toast and marmalade. Still the coffee was good.

I then went to Paris for my first ever visit to France - the first time I have ever been invited which shows how quickly things are changing under Sarko (and I've been invited back, whereas it doesn't look as if I am going to get the invite to No.10 when the move takes place).

It is a beautiful city. Hordes of English speaking tourists and I just wonder how they all manage when everyone speaks French to you. When I got to the hotel I had to explain that my surname was 'Grant' not 'Wyn'. My French isn't good but I could just about to do that, but how do all those people on the Eurostar manage?

Now I have a long paper in French to read ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home