Google

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Tiger Taylor pulls out

Peter Taylor has pulled out of the race to succeed Alan Curbishley at The Valley. The Hull City supremo told BBC Radio Humberside, 'Every day I've thought about it, thinking that my heart is not in it. My heart is staying with Hull City.'

'When you get that gut feeling, I think you should stay put.' Revealed as a Tiger through and through, Taylor said, 'I'm very proud of what's been achieved at Hull, and I still think there's more we can do and it's a great football club.'

The prospective appointment of Taylor had hardly excited the Addickted, but there is probably even less enthusiasm for Mick McCarthy who now moves into the frame with the chance to relegate a team from the Premiership two years running. He is Bromley based, which would save on relocation expenses, but as one Addick remarked, perhaps he should manage Bromley.

Also back in the frame is Colchester's Phil Parkinson, although he has also been considered at Derby County.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home