Google

Monday, November 07, 2005

Danny got cross with Joanna after defeat

Dannyh Murphy's wife Joanna Taylor reveals in the latest of her excellent footballer's wife columns in The Times that there were ructions in the Murphy household after the home defeat by Bolton. She writes:

'It is good to be honest and open, but you have to pick your moments. I knew this was the case after Charlton Athletic lost to Bolton Wanderers last weekend. As I have previously explained, I am something of a jinx on Charlton, so I had intended to buy a ticket and go to the game in secret with Jess, Luke Young’s fiancée. Danny saw through that, though, and realised I was going. Sure enough, it was a boring game and Charlton lost.

Afterwards Danny was in a foul mood. He didn’t feel he had played as well as he sometimes does and I knew it was not the time to talk about the match. But there was no need to take it out on me. He was snapping, so I said, “Right, I’m going home with my sister.” I refused to get in the car with him and left him there.

By the time we both got home things were fine and he apologised. We were laughing about his mood by the end of the night, but I think the Charlton fans should appreciate how seriously he takes it.'

I'm sure we do. Let's hope the long journey home from Blackburn gave Danny plenty of time to calm down.

Read Joanna's article in full at Joanna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home