Google

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Charlie's praise for Curbs

Charlie Macdonald left Charlton four years ago and is currently trying to rebuild his career at Gravesend and Northfleet, but he has plenty of praise for Curbs in a column in the Non-League Paper.

He writes, 'Having a good manager can make or break you. I should know - I've had a few. Even though he let go of me at Charlton, Alan Curbishley's record speaks for itself. He's top drawer. When I left he wrote a letter thanking me for what I had done and telling me I would be welcome any time.'

'Compare that to the way I was treated in the end at Stevenage. I went back to the Charlton training ground the other day to sign some cards for a club scrapbook and spoke to Curbs again. He told me that if I needed anything like treatment for an injury, I only have to ask. You don't forget things like that, which is why I'm so pleased they made a good start to the season.'

Charlie reveals that he lost a stone in weight in the summer because he wanted to look good in his wedding photos. He and his wife Hayley are expecting another baby in March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home