Google

Monday, August 30, 2004

Emphatic win over Saints

That's the headline I hope I'll be writing after 13th September, but meanwhile it will do for Leamington's August Bank Holiday victory in the derby against Southam United, aka the Saints. Southam share a centenary year with Charlton. A Josh Blake hattrick did all that was needed to give the Brakes a 3-0 victory in front of a good crowd with vociferous away support at the New Windmill Ground. Southam's cause was not helped by having the Incredible Hulk as their striker who kept losing his balance as he advanced on goal. And I won two prizes in the half time raffle.

I'm off to Chicago on Wednesday for a week, but will be back in good time for the Southampton match and I am hoping to entice Joe the Saint to contribute to the match preview. Meantime while not visit our political economy of football site at:
Links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home