Google

Monday, October 24, 2005

Smertin: too early to say if I'll stay

Alexi Smertin is the subject of a special feature spread over two pages in The Times today as part of the build up to Wednesday's No.1 v No.2 clash at Stamford Bridge which the Chelsea and Charlton midfielder will be watching from the stands.

Alexi talks about his upbringing in Siberia where he played every day in temperatures of minus 30 degrees centigrade. His wife doesn't like football and is surprised by the contrast between his aggression on the pitch and the person he is at home.

He says that getting into the top five and Europe is a realistic ambition for the Addicks: 'I know about the history, and someone on the team told me, "You'll see, the last two months are going to be difficult." I asked why but they didn't know. We have to change that situation.'

Asked whether he would like to stay at Charlton rather than fight for a place at Chelsea, he replied, 'I don't know - it's too early for that question. I want to do my best until the end. And then we will see.'

Read the full article at:
Alexi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home