Google

Monday, August 29, 2005

Danny's wife: my dog ate my whip

Danny Murphy's wife, actress Joanna Taylor, is fast becoming typecast as the intelligent footballer's wife and she has another full page article in The Times today.

Attractive though she is, Joanna is no dumb blonde and she comments, 'because I am a footballer's wife ... people assume I get my hair and nails done every week, and that I do not understand the offside rule. Please. I am interested in football.'

Life chez Murphy

'I have to be because Danny is so into it that he just comes alive when he talks about it. I was watching Match of the Day with him once with some of my family. There was a tackle. I made a comment and he turned to me, laughed and said, 'Shut up, you don't know what you're talking about.' Then Gary Lineker came on and repeated what I'd said word for word. "So I don't know what I am talking about?", I said.'

Sex in the garden

Joanna once did a photo shoot for Maxim. As a joke she bought a diamond encrusted whip, but then wouldn't use it. 'Then the bloke asked me if I'd ever had sex outside. I said I had, but it was only once in my enclosed garden, surrounded by locked gates and a big wall, with my future husband at midnight when I let the dogs out.' [Which gives the song 'who let the dogs out?' a new meaning. As someone who has an enclosed garden with high walls, I would advise caution, as it is surprising what you can hear from over the wall - only this bank holiday weekend in fact. But I expect Joanna lives in a lower density area].

'They made out I was the kinkiest person in the world. My grandma was up in arms and one of her friends said she wouldn't go to my wedding. To be honest I'm very straight-laced and my dog ate my whip.'

'When I started going out with Danny, I realised footballers have a sense of humour that is very different to most people. Some of the jokes were about money.'

A good part of last season was spent getting Danny Murphy back to fitness but now, released by Smertin, he is showing just what he can do. Many think that he merits consideration for the England squad. And his wife is certainly helping to raise his profile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home