Google

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Let's be 'aving yer

Last night I went with some of my younger colleagues to see Van the Man on tour. The mercurial singer left the stage after an hour and a half. So for £29, £3 more than my Norwich ticket, I was able to enjoy an impressive performance, and I only had a two minute walk from my office to see it. Today I face a drive of approaching three hours for a very uncertain performance at Carrow Road.

Norwich are fighting for their lives and I would like them to stay up. Certainly I would prefer Palace to be relegated, but I have little sympathy either for the Baggies and their annoying fans. Perhaps I will feel the same way about the Canaries after today. The Fink Tank (Warwick Universiy's Decision Technology Group) say that there is a 49% chance of a home win and they have been uncannily accurate in their earlier predictions about Charlton.

The gritty draw at Villa has been greeted with indifference by most Charlton fans and with contempt by lazy journalists who were able to use their 'bore draw' story. However, I saw a number of encouraging signs in the performance, not least the solidity of the defence and the use of Rommedahl down the wings. One worry today is that Herman Hreidarsson may not be available and Luke Young might not be at his best in a left back role.

If you want to re-live Delia's rant earlier in the season use the link below (and click on 'Take it with more water love':

Delia

See you in Norfolk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home