Google

Friday, January 28, 2005

Play Me or Sell Me - Euell

Jason Euell has pleaded with Charlton to play him or sell him. He told skysports.com, 'I really am going frustrated at my future. I have been seeking assurances for my long-term future from the manager, but they have not been forthcoming. This does disappoint me as the last thing I want to do is to sit around and collect my money each week.'

The £4m signing has not started a league game since October and has been limited to appearances from the subs bench. One problem has been that the 4-5-1 formation favoured by the club recently does not leave an easy role for the Jamaican international who has typically been played as an advanced midfielder in the hole behind the strikers in a 4-4-2 formation. Euell has always seen himself as a striker, but Curbs sees him as being of more value supporting the strikers.

Opinions among fans about Euell are divided. A critic claimed that his second touch was excellent, but we never saw it because his first touch was so poor. However, the Bloke Beside Me is a great fan of Euell and is always heartened when he comes on. In my view he has not been at his best this season but perhaps this is because he has been unsettled and lost confidence.

Euell has been linked with Middlesbrough, but Charlton are unlikely to let him go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home